- Reflective safety vests required for all attendees while on railroad property
- Hard soled over the ankle shoes required for all attendees
- Radios capable of receiving/transmitting on all 3 NARCOA channels and that have been permanently installed are required. Handheld transceivers/scanners are not acceptable as a primary radio. Radio must be on during the excursion and be functional. Also, the radio transmission must be able to be easily understood.
- An operable timepiece (other than a cell phone) must be carried by all attendees
- Transmitting on RR frequency prohibited unless emergency is declared
All participants must adhere to the Code of Conduct (NARCOA). Criticizing the railroad, Excursion coordinators, other attendees, et cetera will not be tolerated.
Any complaints must be addressed directly to the Excursion coordinator(s) only.
Complaining to other excursion participants is not allowed.
Violation of these rules will result in a probationary status and/ or termination of excursion privileges for future MAMA excursions. Egregious violations will result in being set off at the next crossing.
- Railroad requirements/rules supercede NARCOA rules
- Cars not meeting safety requirements may be refused set-on
- Troublesome cars not able to run at track speed or causing problems may be set off or put on
tow bar so as not to needlessly delay excursion
- Professionalism from all attendees is expected. We are guests of the railroad,
not the other way around
- All communications related to the excursion must go through MAMA ONLY!
Attendees cannot contact railroad officials
- Large cars (over A4 size or equivalent size),any large car without turntable, home builts,
high rails or heavily modified cars by permission only